Hood County Texas Genealogical Society
ENON BAPTIST CHURCH
Apparently this church was organized in 1878 by Elder J.N. Chandler, who was the first pastor. Six members seem to have been the original number as they reported nine additions, with a membership of 15 in the petitionary letter to the Bosque River Association that year. The name originally was Union, but it appears as Enon after 1879. The church withdrew from the Bosque River Association in 1880 to take part in the organization of Paluxy Association. It soon disappeared from history. The exact location is not known. Another church using the same name came into being August 16, 1885.
Paluxy Baptist Association Centennial Story
1880 - 1980
~ Web Page by Virginia Hale ~
1999 HOOD COUNTY TEXAS GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY