Hood County Texas Genealogical Society
CLARK BROTHERS WERE FIRST PREACHERS AT FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Hood County News Centennial Edition - Sept. 23, 1971
The Granbury Christian Church was built in 1873-4. Rev. Addison Clark preached every first Sunday and Randolph Clark preached the other Sundays. Some of the early elders were Ed Aiken, Dr. E.A. Hannaford, and Dr. T.H. Dabney.
Mrs. P.G. Thorpe age 90 has been a member of the Christian Church for the past 78 years and Mrs. Joe Archer has been a member 57 years.
Ministers who have served this church other than the Clarks were Bro. Stapp, Bro. Hutton, and Hugh Brous. The present pastor is Jeff Miller.
Mrs. Archer stated that at times in the past they had church services twice monthly but had always had Sunday School. This church has existed for almost a century.
Web Page by Virginia Hale